Monday, February 27, 2006

Human = Animal?

I was just chatting with a friend who's a female. At the beginning of the chat window, somehow she called me bad and refused to tell me when I asked her about 10 lines down the chat session. Then I replied asking why all women are like that. She said that all women are superior animals. This struck something in my mind about humans being animals. I know when we're created, we're created to be superior as humans. What I don't understand is why we're sometimes referred to as animals. Does that not make us humans inferior? Maybe because we act like an animal or that we sometimes live as one? The wildness in us...is that the reason why? Then we'd be getting into psychology with all these "id" "ego" and "superego" thing. It'll become too complicated. Btw, if you don't know what I'm talking about, forget about the psych part.

Let's just focus on the human equal animal thing. I tried my luck my friend: Google. Guess what I got. One million eight hundred and sixty thousand hits is what I got returned in 0.19 seconds. Don't believe me, see for yourself. How about opening a new window and go to google and type the exact phrase in the search field: human equal animal. I have to admit that I didn't click on any of the links to read any of the contents offered. Just reading the headings gave me the chills. Please don't get me wrong, I respect all animals and humans as well. Oh darn...I just got myself into another thought: is respect the same as rights? Anyways, I'll let you stroll on that.

Meanwhile back at the range. If you believe God is the creator of all, hope you do, but even if you don't, why would you still say that we're animals. What makes you so sure? I really want someone to tell me where they read that or what provoked their thoughts to be delivering these depressing ideas? Anyhow, we're created with dignity to walk as humans. Although, sometimes, I did wish that I was an animal and all I had to do was to find food to fill my hunger and not be eaten by another animal. As an animal, I wouldn't have to worry about anything else in the world as humans do. Then again, no one has ever been an animal and come back to tell us, so we would never know how an animal processed it's thought. Hey...do they have any thoughts? I believe it's instinct they depend on. So, how is it that we sometimes call ourselves animals?

In movies and story books, personification of animals are done to bring on other ideas. It's just a presentation of some sort. Remember, these are done from a human perspective. We think they could think. As previously said, they operate on instinct. In a real world, we could train the animals to perform acts. That's because the animals know that after they've performed something, they'll be rewarded. If they don't they'll be punished. This process in the psych textbooks is called "conditioning." Ok, I should not go there again and that's the last time I'm mentioning the word psychology. ...oops, sorry.

So, after all these babbling, I still don't have any ideas of what the answer to "humans = animals" would be. If you know, please...by all means, let me know. If I've dissed you in any ways above, please forgive me and you also have my sincere apologies. To that friend of mine, I hope I didn't offend you by making reference to you here. I treasure all of my friends. Thanx.

1 comment: